George W. Bush Sent My Job To India
I'm pissed off.
I just had a surgery to correct a problem resulting from my colon cancer surgery. No, it wasn't cancer. The site of my former rectum was not healing properly so I had to get some skin removed. It's healing properly now. So what happens when I come back from a week of recuperation? I find out that my job is going down the tubes.
I'm a software QA engineer. I spent a lot of years going to night school while working full time to get to this level, and a lot of years getting additional professional skills in order to maintain it. So I don't really appreciate it when I am considered to be just another commodity that can be easily replaced by an entry-level programmer in Bangalore.
I'm not an idealogical Democrat or Republican. I don't really like the idea of one-stop shopping for politics. I generally study the issues and vote for the candidate who best represents my personal ideas.
So here is my current position.
- I don't give a shit about gay marriage.
- I don't give a rat's ass about partial-birth abortion.
- I don't care whether ot not Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
- I didn't get a tax cut so I don't really care about it.
- I don't give a tinker's damn abour faith-based initiatives.
- I don't care who went to the war, who deserves medals or not, and who showed up for duty or not.
- All I know for sure is that Bush sent my job to India.
That's why I'm pissed off. And that's why I'm voting Democrat.
the economy, stupid!